SOME ACTIVITIES CARRIED OUT
Since her formation, ARDO has carried out several activities in the Hohoe Jasikan, Afadzato South and Krachi Districts
- ARDO formed environmental clubs in some schools in the Hohoe district.
- Organized regular clean up exercises and public education in the Hohoe township
- Supplied litter bins to Hohoe District Assembly
- ARDO supplied 2000 seedlings and organized tree planting at Likpe Bala community along the banks of streams in the village.
- Undertook a study on the biological inventory of sacred sites at the Kpeve-Agate cluster of the Weto range
- Organized HIV/AIDS awareness education in the Likpe traditional Area.
- Organised an environmental health walk though the principal streets of Hohoe
- Organised After School Learning activities in four basic schools in the Municipality
- ARDO collaborated with ForestWatch-Ghana and facilitated forest forums in both Kadjebi and Hohoe Districts
- ARDO in partnership with two other NGOs DOLTA and DEVASCOM is carrying out a nation wide educational campaign on the project titled “Preparing for FLEGT licensing: what SMEs need to know about VPA” funding EU/FAO
- Collaborating with Friends of the Earth – Ghana, in implementing the Enforcement and Governance for Sustainable Forest Management (CiSoPFLEG) Project in the Volta region
ARDO is in partnership with Global Action for Women Empowerment (GLOWA) and Volta – Star Radio (VSR) is implementing a project titled “Accelerating Actions towards increasing Citizens’ Especially Women participation in the 2016 General Election and beyond” in the Volta region with support from Star-Ghana.